This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Week Five - Day 3



Just got back from this morning's run - and, oh boy, was that hard?! My legs....they felt like lead. My hamstrings were aching and tight when I got up so I did a bit of stretching, trying to loosen them up a bit. Didn't really help.

Never mind, I did it, even if it may have looked like my knees were about to buckle with every step, or that's what it felt like!

I didn't fancy doing the same run as yesterday so chose the run down by the river and up the hill - ha, after my holiday hill this hill is just a mere pimple! The one saving grace, the temperature! A lovely cool morning, perfect for running - I just hope it warms up now my run is over - not asking for much, is it?

Just scrolled through my previous entries to find the last time I did this run - previous time 27:41 mins - I knew it was slow-going today! Also, I see that I put it down to 3 miles - oh well, let's call it a long 3, short 4, lol.

Time: 29:13

Distance: short 4

2 comments:

butterflygirl said...

So glad the weather has cooled down some!

Sue said...

LOL - cooled down - it's absolutely pouring outside as I write this. We've probably had the hottest July and the wettest August! There's no pleasing me, is there? lol