This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Week Five - Day 4

Saturday's here once again... The thing with running first thing in the morning during the week, (a) it gets it done and out of the way and (b) I have a deadline, I need to get to work so there is no dilly dallying about. On Saturday mornings I usually take my daughter to work but this morning, Steve took her so I wasn't under any time pressure.... I had a bit of a lie-in which was nice but then even after I had been up and about in enough time for my breakfast to have been digested, I still wasn't anywhere near getting out there!

Eventually, going out at the time I would normally be returning from my Saturday run, I set off. Today it is my 6 mile run - a very pleasant run, down past the railway line and onward to the rowing lake - a few rowers out this morning practicing and take my mind off the long stretch. Quite a few runners as well, but they were all going the opposite way to me...and I passed through a large party of cyclists who I think were cycling round the Green Wheel.

I set off at a very comfortable pace and after a while I felt that I could push it a bit - I tried to vary the pace, pushing it when I hit the long, flat, shady tracks and slowing down a bit when in the sun.

On the way back, I got to a junction where I could just go straight over and onward to home but I couldn't remember whether that was what I did last time or turned right and went through Ferry Meadows past the lake and home that way. As I felt Okay'ish I decided to go the longer way. It was quite a lot harder just a few minutes later but I pushed on and made it home in a time of 61:39.

I checked my previous post to see the route I had taken before and the time: I had gone straight over at the junction and did it in a time of just under 56 minutes. This means this run today must be longer, about another 1/2 mile or so, so all in all, a good run.

Time: 61:39
Distance: 6 1/2 miles

1 comment:

Backofpack said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog! You'll do great on the half - just keep plugging in those miles.