This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Managed to get in a quick run this morning. I had a good night's sleep and felt refreshed enough to get up when the alarm went off.

The weather was much more suitable for running, definitely a couple of degrees cooler than of late. Once out of the house I headed down to the woods and then followed the river. It's a lovely run and I saw a couple of fellow runners each acknowledging each other with a "good morning". I then came to the HILL, it's a big hill, luckily not too long but very steep. The only way to get myself up this hill is to remember a song from my marching days: "Bend your backs get into the hill, push, push!" After reciting this to myself several times (quietly in my head!) and at last I am at the top! From here on it's an easy run home on flat ground and I am able to pick up a bit of speed here.

Distance: Probably a short 3
Time: 27:41

Gotta go finish my packing......

2 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

Way to tackle that hill! Whatever you have to use to get to the top. :)

I can relate to your phrase, as I am a former marching band member!

butterflygirl said...

Way to go!!!