This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Week Five - Day 2


With just 59 days to go until the half marathon, I can feel panic setting in....especially when I read other people's running blogs and see that they are getting through the distances, if not in miles then in time on their feet. I'm so worried that the two weeks I had off for the holiday are going to take their toll.

I went out again this morning, got up a little bit later than I usually do so left me a bit short of time. According to my schedule I am on 3 x 4 mile runs with a 6 miler at the weekend so I just stuck with the run I did yesterday. As I was late I tried to push the speed a little bit, I felt like I was working quite hard and imagined that I would have shaved off a couple of minutes at least.... not so. On arriving back home saw it took me 35:03, only 17 seconds faster! I couldn't believe it... the only difference in the run was that I went the other way round today?

I'm intending to run again tomorrow morning so that I can have a rest day before my longer run on Saturday.

2 comments:

butterflygirl said...

No comment about not running on your holiday ;)

Sue said...

Flygirl: It was too hilly...I know, excuses, excuses...