This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Sunday, March 09, 2008

I've been out for a couple of jogs this week - no great distances just 2-3 miles. They haven't been pain-free but at least I didn't suffer any consequences. I've also been to the gym and done a couple of yoga classes and a total body workout class. My lack of flexibility is outstanding! We had to sit on the floor, open our legs wide and then bend from the waist reaching the floor with our forearms. WHAT! I had a quick look round the room (as you do) checking to see if anyone could even get within 1 ft of the floor and was surprised to see it was only me still sat pretty much upright!

I'm regularly doing the exercises the physio suggested and trying to get to more yoga classes in the next week. I'm RICE-ing regularly and so if there is any justification I should be making a speedy recovery - pleeeease!

Next yoga lesson!





In truth, if I could defer my London Marathon place to next year I would but I can't so there it is -I shall be there on the start line come rain or shine. All thoughts of doing a good time are gone and I am now thinking of one minute run one minute walk. You never know, there's still five weeks to go and miracles may still occur!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you need to make yoga a regular thing! You need some flexibility! Good luck getting into that pose in the picture. ;) Yikes! Take care of yourself - London is right around the corner.

Doris said...

Keep positive - you've already got quite a few miles in your legs and you're going to get a big buzz from the crowds which I'm sure will add quite a bit more! If you're going to do the run/ walk thing try and practice it a bit if you can. GOOD LUCK

Unknown said...

As you say, there are 5 weeks until the Marathon and if you follow the run/walk plan and take it easy you will have a good chance. Not how you wanted to do it, but at least you will be doing it. Chin up, keep positive. Sarah