This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Still feeling pretty hacked off! I was very stiff and sore after the jog on Saturday. So, even after all this rest I still am no nearer to getting better.

After several sports massages I decided that perhaps it was time to try somebody else so yesterday I booked in to see a physio who advertises at my gym. After the initial consultation and examination he thought the source of the problem might be my lower back and the pain I was getting was in the abductor muscle. At last! I now know where the pain actually emanates from!

He then did some acupuncture, which was very strange. I felt a slight tingling or a small electrical current and occasional a muscle spasm. This was followed by ultrasound and then stimulation. He put on a support strap and said that I should be able to go for a gentle jog the following evening. He recommended that I do several sets of stretching and strengthen my core muscles.

Throughout today my side was quite sore but when I got home I decided to do some stretching and then try out a jog. At the start it was quite painful but I managed to keep going. I suppose after a time the pain eased slightly but it was still uncomfortable and I headed home after a couple of miles. I did more stretching once I got home, had a shower and have iced it. I'm feeling sore and getting really despondent.

I'm booked into the doctors tomorrow and think I might suggest that I get an x-ray of the pelvis just to rule out any bony injury. I've done everything the doctor says, with complete rest, and over 3 weeks later the pains is just as bad. It is so frustrating!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Sue, this is so frustrating. I really feel for you and wish you all the best. Keep us posted. S

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it seems like the drs. don't have a clue, doesn't it? I understand your frustration! Just keep trying. Eventually you'll find the right treatment. Don't give up!

Jane said...

you must be so fed up Sue with your injury not improving. Really feel for you. Frustrating or what!!! Enjoy reading your blog. It seems to me that you have the beginnings of a book in the making?? If you don't make the marathon, don't beat yourself up, make a million instead and publish your story!