This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I certainly feel last week's session of acupuncture did me some good so I had another session yesterday. The physio said that he had been thinking of me and my injury and wanted to exclude the bursa. After a bit of deep prodding around the hip area he was able to rule out the bursa, hip, or tendon damage so it looks like it might just be muscle damage. The needles this week went well and I generally felt pulsing but occasionally a muscle spasm.

I am busy later on today so I decided to get up early this morning and go for a run. It was fabulous being out so early in the day, I'd forgotten how lovely and peaceful it is. I did a good warm up and then ran a bit further than I had done the last two times, on a route which measures 4.2 miles. I felt ok, just slightly sore but my oh my was I having problems breathing comfortably!

When I got home I did a thorough stretching session and as it was getting late I had to take the ice wrap with me and strap it to me whilst I was driving into work!

I've felt a bit sore all morning and a bit stiff in my lower back but definitely not pain!!! It's looking promising.....

Time: 41:30
Distance:4.2 miles
Pace: 9.45

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sue !! I'm glad things are looking up. Still crossing everything for you !! I tried to comment on here the other day but it wouldn't work. My computer I think. Still... I am starting from the Blue Start #006123. I would imagine a little behind the Elite Women !! Keep on running and Good Luck with the pain. Sarah

Doris said...

Hi Sue - sounds like a good pace for the 4miler. Glad you're feeling like you're heading back in the right direction. Good luck!