This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Last Thursday we did efforts at the club. They were really hard and I pushed myself to make the most of the session and, oh boy, it felt so good - afterwards! It was really hard work but with a few more effort sessions, I will hopefully see the fruits of my labour some time in the future.

I met up with Laura on Saturday to get a longish run in and we ran about 8 miles. Not bad but I know I should be upping the distance now with only 6 weeks to go until the half marathon. I got a couple more runs in during the week and I am meeting with Sheila in about an hour to go for our Saturday morning run.

I've just looked back at what I was doing this time last year and I am surprised to see that I am pretty much at the same stage of my training. I was thinking about running 9 miles for my long run that day so may be things aren't looking too bad for the half marathon in October :-)

1 comment:

Mary Gee said...

My half-mary is in 6 weeks too. I was happy to do 8 miles this morning.