This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tuesday

As I was going out on Tuesday evening, I decided to go for my run after work rather than waiting to go to the club and then have a mad dash getting ready to go out.

I only ran twice last week and in fact feel that for the past few weeks I really haven't been putting in enough training. I'm certainly down on last year and at this rate I have no hope of matching my half marathon time, let alone beating it!

So, I decided to do my old 8 mile run, which I did often last year. It was a bit windy but bearable - rain was always a distant threat. I took my daughter's Creative Zen which really made a difference. I was able to lose myself in the music, only problem was when the tune was a slow one, I definitely felt the pace drop!
I didn't find this run as easy as I should have and the lack of long runs is telling. I'm due to go to the club on Thursday and have arranged with two friends to do a long one on Saturday and hopefully should be able to get the Saturday runs in now for the lead-up to the Half Marathon.

It's great having my Garmin - only problem is when you find out that the run you thought was 8.2 miles turns out to be just 7.7.

Distance: 7.7 miles
Time: 1:16:14
Pace: 9.52

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi ! I have enjoyed reading your blog ! I have just set up a training blog of my own and am interested to see yours. I think it does wonders for motivation, don't you ?! Good luck with the running, I shall pop back from time to time ! Sarah

Anonymous said...

I hate it when I find out my run was shorter than I thought. Good luck with the training. Good idea to recruit company for the long runs.

Anonymous said...

I hate it when I find out my run was shorter than I thought. Good luck with the training. Good idea to recruit company for the long runs.

Mark said...

You need to set up a "running" playlist. I use itunes and an ipod shuffle as I want it random anyway. I have a "super workout" playlist that has only the most pump-me-up songs on it. Its a great way to go and definitely helps out.

Good luck with the running!

Mark said...

Sue,
I just discovered this blog. I am not a runner, its too jarring for my shins but I am working on my bicycle and thinking about doing an event next year. Thanks for writing the blog and I will be watching it for inspiration. I particularly resonate with your opening line: I want to do more than just exist, I want to live, to experience life, to achieve something, a goal.