This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Friday, August 10, 2007

I've managed to haul myself out of bed four mornings in a row to do my weights and swimming. The fourth morning was very hard but I knew Friday was my rest day! I'm not aching from the weights so I'm wondering whether I need to make them a bit harder? The swimming is good, I can feel my hamstrings are working and I'm improving on my technique, just a little.

The run last night was good. It was a lovely evening, still a bit warm for me but most people seemed to think it was ok. There were two groups, one doing 5 mile with efforts and one just doing the 5 miles. Guess which group I fell into!? I really must put in some effort with these training nights but most of the time I'm happy to go along and run at a comfortable pace. I've got the lst 5K race next Wednesday, so if the weather is to my preference (ie cool and drizzly), perhaps I'll go for it there!

Distance: 5.29
Time: 50:35
Pace: 9.33

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

4 mornings in a row! Nice! I'm currently entering a temporary lapse in motivation. I'm glad you are making me look bad. :) Next week I'll step it up!

Mary Gee said...

Nice run.