This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Saturday, August 11, 2007

For various reasons I decided to forego this mornings run. It's always the same, whenever I decide to put all my effort into something, be it a training plan, or something similar, I fall at the very first hurdle!

Still, not completely ducking out, I did go to the gym. I persuaded my 15 year old son to come along and attend the Junior Gym (10-15 year olds). He wasn't at all sure as he thought he would be the oldest one there, and sure enough, he was! However, he enjoyed it and I'm hoping he will go along again.

I did my full weights programme - which is both Monday and Wednesdays circuit put together. I then intended to swim afterwards, but guess what! I forgot my swimming costume, doh!

Anyway, whilst there I saw a poster advertising The Grim Challenge. It looks very interesting, to say the least. It's described as 8 miles off road running, wading and crawling!

I'm interested and will see if any of my friends are mad enough to consider joining me!

2 comments:

Mary Gee said...

Wouldn't it be too cold to be running through water in December???

Anonymous said...

That Grim Challenge looks like fun! I hope you can get some friends to join you.

Don't beat yourself up over missing a run. You still got in a workout and that's what's important. You're still focused. :)