This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Monday, February 19, 2007


I’m back – yep, recovery time over!

When I went to the hospital for my check-up the consultant said it was still too soon to jog – was I disappointed! He said to wait until at least two months so…..it is now two months!!
I have been doing the odd swim and I was surprised how much I ached afterwards, it really is surprising how quickly you lose the fitness. How depressing (glum).

I also mentioned in my previous post that I had been on the treadmill a couple of times but decided to give it a break after speaking to the Consultant.

So, tonight was my first outing on the road…. I wore my elasticated girdle to give my stomach support and decided not to go too far or too fast. Lol, I needn’t have worried, I managed “a round the loop” where I live which was 15:27, probably just over 1 mile. It was okay, didn’t feel too out of breath and the pace was comfortable but, boy, I did get hot!

So, easy does it. I’ll have a couple of days rest to see if there are any repercussions and then take it from there.
Oh, it feels sooo good to be back!
Time: 15.27
Distance: 1+

6 comments:

The Blokes said...

Did you clear this return to running with your manager? xx

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you're getting back at it! Take it slow and be patient!

Mary Christine said...

I hope you had no repercussions!

Claude on french Riviera said...

Bonjour de France!
Ma fille fait aussi du 1/2 marathon
Bravo!
my site is http://freeblog.tk
Tu peux laissé un mesage
Bye!

Claude on french Riviera said...

and my daughter is in Brigton near London
My best time in 1/2 M is 1h19
;-)

Sue said...

Hi Annette

Taking it slow is so very hard....

Mary Christine

No repercussions so far!