This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The run went well with no signs and symptoms of overdoing it. I had intended leaving it just 2-3 days and then go out again but I just didn’t seem to have the time! I did manage a couple of swims last week but that was about it.

Yesterday, I went for my longest run yet since the operation. It wasn’t very fast but it was an easy half hour on the treadmill at the gym followed by a short swim.

I really want to get back to running the distances I was running before but fear it is going to be a long slow struggle! It’s going to be difficult getting back and I have quite a few weeks of hard work before me but I am determined…. although not very patient!

I got up early this morning to get a run in before work – I must have chosen the darkest, windiest, rainiest day possible but by 7.00 am the wind had died down a bit and the sun had risen.

My legs were still a bit tired from yesterday's run and I guess I should have left it another day before going out again but, as I said before, I'm, not very patient and I am so keen to get back to my previous fitness.

It was hard work, especially towards the end, but it felt good being out on the roads again in the fresh air and running round the lake. This time it was the small lake, hopefully in a few weeks it will be the big lake...

Time: 22:32
Distance: 2.3

No comments: