This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Saturday, November 18, 2006

It had been a while since Rhona and I had run 10 miles and with the Nene Valley 10 only a couple of weeks away, we thought we had better get in some mileage.

We have been so lucky with the weather, yet again a fresh crisp morning with no sign of rain. Not sure what to wear, I put on my shorts and T-shirt. I get so hot running but did wonder if I was being a bit optimistic.

We did our usual 8.2 with the rowing lake added on. The pace was comfortable and enjoyable. It wasn't until I got to the rowing lake that I began to feel my legs were quite cool, the wind was whipping up and had a very definite chill - my top half felt fine but I could feel my legs stiffening up and my knee beginning to feel slightly sore.

I think my shorts can definitely be put away for the winter!

Looking back over past times I see that we ran this 10 miles a bit faster than the last time we attempted it. It's all looking good....

Time: 1:35:55
Distance: 10 miles

No comments: