This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Friday, November 17, 2006

I had a real good workout last night.

When I first arrived at the club I was a bit panicky, there only seemed to be two lots of groups there: the front runners and those who bring up the rear end. No George, no Alan and no Sheila to run with. Luckily, just before setting off Matt turned up.

We ran for about 1-2 miles out to where there is a rather largish hill. We then had a bit of a session up and down the hill - I managed to do 5 sets - and then back to the club. For the last 1/2 mile Matt and myself put a sprint on and raced back.

I really suffer badly at the hills when out on runs so I am very pleased to have done a hill session and hope we do lots more. The sprint back was a good workout as well, and I hopefully will feel the benefit of the sprints and hills in my next race.

The best thing about the evening though came later.... There was a meeting after the run to discuss next year's half marathon outing - Budapest 1/2 Marathon in September. I've put my name down....

And the next best thing, a lady brought along some homemade doughnuts - they were the best and most delicious doughnuts I have ever tasted - she had put a dollop of jam and cream in the middle.... yummy.


The good thing about all this running is I can practically eat what I want without putting on any weight!!!

Time: 45:35
Distance: 5 (?)

No comments: