This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Week Five - Day 1

Where art thou, motivation?

Okay, that's it, holiday over - literally! Back down to earth with a bang!!



We had a fantastic holiday and took part in loads of activities - I'm hoping that they will have had some help in maintaining my fitness although I know deep down that there is no substitute for running. We got home on Monday evening so no time or inclination for a run then.

Had a nice lie-in on Tuesday and made the effort to go for a run around tea-time. I was surprised to find the temperature quite mild and still very warm. The temperature in the Alps had definitely been quite a few degrees less than here in England, of course we were at altitude so that will have made a difference.

On my schedule I have allowed myself to go back a couple of weeks to catch up - so I ran my 4 mile course. It was okay, I didn't push myself too much. It's surprising but my upper body, especially my chest, is still aching from holiday and I could feel the strain whilst running.

Distance: 4 miles (ish)
Time: 35:20

4 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

WOW...the slide show is fantastic. Looks like a great time!

Sue said...

Lisa,we did have a fantastic time! Back to reality now....

butterflygirl said...

Back to work now!!!

Sue said...

Flygirl: Don't remind me!