This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Week Four - Day 2

Just got back from the fortnightly training session for the half marathon. There were about 20 of us that turned up, some new faces and some missing ones.

This time they decided to split us up into three groups, novice, 11 minute milers and 9-10 minute milers. I went into the latter group. The idea was that there were enough club runners with us, so that after a distance of say, a mile, you could turn back and there would be someone there to run with you. It was a good idea, but it would have been useful to know how far the run was in total. I set off with the group and immediately a small group of 3 went ahead. I then followed them with a club guy running with me and then there was a larger group fragmented behind me. I stayed at that pace and the guy stuck with me most of the way. I was able to just about talk most of the way, although I did find the heat unbearable (again). Although it was 7 O'clock in the evening, it was very humid but luckily half way round we had a tiny little drizzle to cool us down.

When I got back it was decided the run was 4 miles and it took me 37:34 so just over 9 minute miling - I still find this hard to believe as it really felt like it was much faster!

1 comment:

butterflygirl said...

Hooray!!!