This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Week Two - Day 2

After having a rest day yesterday, my legs are feeling quite refreshed. I’m also not feeling quite so tired as I haven’t had to get up at some silly O’clock in the morning! I’ve decided to go along to the run that the Great Eastern Team have put on for the entrants – we start at 7.00 pm. Not sure how it will go, I’m hoping a fair few turn up and there will be a group wanting to go out for about an hour at 9 min mile pace. The only drawback is it has been a very hot day today, I really hope it has cooled down by 7.00 pm tonight.

*Update

Just got back from the team run. About 30 people turned up of mixed abilities. We got split into groups of those who can run/jog for an hour, 1/2 hour and those who are just starting out. I joined the first group. The plan was to run for about 4 1/2 miles. Me and another girl palled up and seemed to be jogging about the same pace. The group split up fairly quickly with some dropping off and joining the 1/2 hr group. We stuck with it and seemed to be going at a fairly good pace. The sun was still out but luckily most of the run was in the shade - in fact, the run took us where I had been on Sunday for the bike ride so I was familiar with the route. As always, the last few hundred metres was hard going but we pushed it a bit and finished in a time of just under 39 minutes.

It was nice to be running with other people and I was especially lucky to find someone running at the same pace as me. We kept each other going, and it definitely pushed me to run slightly faster than if I had been on my own and she said exactly the same.

Unfortunately it wasn't long enough to count as my long run this week, and I think I may have to give it a miss - I am out on Friday at the Summer Ball and we don't get home until the very early hours of the morning - so realistically speaking, I think I can say running at the weekend is definitely a no no, lol !!

2 comments:

butterflygirl said...

Great for you to go with the team. Hope it cools off!

Sue said...

Cheers, flygirl.