This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Week Four - Day 3


Even though I had had a hard run last night, I decided to get up early this morning and get my 3rd run of the week out of the way - probably not the right attitude to have, lol! It means I can then have a complete day free from exercise before my long run on Saturday. The great thing about doing these long runs, is that I don't think anything of running for 45 mins now!

At last, the weather seems to have broken and I woke up to a rather dull and overcast morning. How deceiving was that, once out there I realised it was just as hot and humid!

I set out not quite sure which run to do, the 5 miler or the 3.8? Decided to stick with the plan and do the 5 miles. After about 10 mins I had settled into a comfortable pace, not pushing it and just enjoying it for what it was. After checking my watch at that 10 minute point, I decided not to look at my watch again, until I was home. I didn't want to end up pushing myself and trying to beat the previous time. Stuck with it, arrived home hot and sweaty (tmi?) in a time of 48.09 - quite a bit slower than last time but, what the heck, much more enjoyable! (PS. This is a short 5).

1 comment:

butterflygirl said...

IT is very humid here as well. Stay hydrated!!