This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Monday, July 31, 2006

Be careful what you wish for ...

Oh dear, what have I done? I've been wishing so hard for it not to be so hot that my wish has come true. I have woken up to a very damp, dark and dismal morning - it looks awful! So sorry!!! That'll teach me .....

I see from my schedule that I haven't included the next two weeks in my countdown to the half-marathon. I think when I was working out the schedule, I decided to just exclude these and if I manage to get some runs in, all the better. Little did I realise how much the running bug would have bitten me!

When I am writing up these accounts of my runs, I start the blog off before I actually go on my run.... I'm just not the type of person who can hop out of bed when the alarm goes off, get running kit on and out of the door.... I need to take it far slower and also need to take in some food... So, after a small breakfast cereal and a cup of tea and/or water, I have a spare hour for it all to be digested, hence, start the blog off.

That's exactly the way it was this morning - this is now my second entry... and LOL, did I really think I was mighty enough to have any influence at all on the weather!!! By the time I got out for the run, the clouds had lifted to reveal, yes, the SUN! Luckily, it wasn't quite as hot as it has been but I did leave behind my sunglasses...and I probably could have done with a drop of water to keep me going.

I combined two of my runs to make one run today, starting off with my usual 5 miler but then adding it to the tail end of my 8 miler. In all, I think it was a good 5, taking me 49:40. It was a lovely run, slightly better than my usual (short 5) as it was a complete run in itself, no adding on a loop and going a slightly longer way home to add distance.

The last 10-15 minutes was quite hard, probably still feeling the effects of Saturday's long run. Well, I've cooled down a bit now, time to get off to the shower and then to work. Last day today, got tomorrow off to prepare for our holiday.......

2 comments:

butterflygirl said...

And you'll be running on your holiday, right?

Sue said...

Ha ha, maybe, possibly, ummm, i definitely possibly maybe find time for a run....lol.