This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Week Four Round-up

Overall the week has gone well. I’ve nearly stuck to my schedule –Wednesday evening’s run was 1 mile short but through no fault of my own. At least, it was a bit faster than I normally run so that made up for it. Also, as I had managed to run 8 miles the previous Saturday rather than the 7 scheduled, I decided to stick with that distance so all in all I managed to achieve my target of 22 miles this week.

I’m feeling really chuffed with myself, managing to continue running in the heat that we have had. I know if I didn’t have the half-marathon to train for, I definitely would have given up running until the weather had cooled down a bit. Just goes to show, I can do it! I really enjoyed my Saturday run, it was so pretty and it took me through so much varied countryside I didn’t have time to be bored.

I’m off on holiday on Wednesday to the French Alps. We aim to do lots of sporting activities and I plan to take my running kit with me. I am hoping to run Mon, Tues and on the Wednesday morning so at least I will have gotten three of my runs in this week - just in case the kit doesn’t make it out of the suitcase.

2 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

Thanks for the kind words on my blog, Sue...I've linked your blog to mine as well. :)

Lisa

butterflygirl said...

Or just in case the kit doesn't make it in the suitcase.