This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Well, it seems Spring is here so decided to give running another go. I had been thinking about it for a few weeks now to be truthful but managed to talk myself out of it every time. This time, I made a date with Rhona so I couldn't back out.

We met at 9 am and thought it best to be cautious and not go too mad! We ran (?!) round the small lake of Ferry Meadows - I think from memory it is around 2 miles. I decided not to take my watch and just enjoy it for what it is! It was great meeting up with Rhona again and we had loads to catch up on, so the run itself wasn't too excruciating.

I made sure I did loads of stretching afterwards and at this moment in time, I feel OK!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent! Well done for getting out there. It was a lovely day for a run and Im glad there was no pain.S