This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Out Again!

Well, my hamstrings didn't know what had hit them! They ached and ached and didn't seem to be easing at all but Tuesday was my next scheduled run and I couldn't back out already. I must admit not looking forward to it as I remember what it is like being so unfit and finding running such a struggle. Anyway, I got home from work, got changed and got out there.

And yes, it was as hard as I expected, if not harder! My hamstrings and groin were really sore. I guess about half way round my groin eased but my hamstrings felt tight all the way round. I managed to keep going and tried very hard to think about other things, anything else rather than my hamstrings!!

I did some good stretching afterwards, had a hot shower and felt a bit stiff all night.

The good news is that my legs feel a heck of a lot better today, much better than before the run so may be that was all I needed - another run.

I'm trying to cycle into work every other day as well, to bolster up my fitness and keep it a bit more rounded. The rain nearly put me off this morning but luckily I managed to avoid the showers.

No comments: