This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Friday, July 11, 2008

I was supposed to go running again on Wednesday but my friend wimped out due to the rain - and i must admit to feeling rather relieved!

I got home from work today and had decided to go for a run but
just as I changed into my kit the rain started......I got back into normal clothes and put the idea out of my mind. After an hour it seemed to have stopped raining and through guilt I put my kit back on again and set off. Only 100 metres down the road it started raining again! The thought crossed my mind to just head back home but I stuck at it and got thoroughly soaked.

I only did a short one (2.3 miles I think from memory) and not very fast but it's a start. I was aware of an ache in my lower back and an ache from my (right) buttock down my upper leg. Who know's if it means I'm not recovered yet but if I wait any longer I know for a fact I'll never put my running shoes on again.

No comments: