This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Saturday, July 05, 2008

I'm Back!

Whoa....it feels so strange being back here!

Decided it was now or never to get back to running....In the past few months I've tried going to the gym regularly but always seem to drift away - in fact I've cancelled my membership as I really am not enjoying going there. For a couple of weeks I did a run/walk programme with my daughter to encourage her to get a bit fitter. With no bad side effects I decided it was time for me to get back on track.

I arranged to meet my old running pals this morning for a short jog begging them to go easy on me. They are just great, welcoming me back so easily and planning a route so that I can drop off as we pass my home.

The run itself was good. They allowed me to set the pace and I spent so much time catching up that I wasn't able to focus on how difficult it was!

I am very pleased, it was a good start and at the moment I don't have any aches and pains. I feel like I've worked hard- and certainly look it with a very red sweaty face. Fingers crossed that this is really it and I am able to get back to running regularly.

Distance: 3.58
Time: 40 mins

No comments: