This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Monday, July 14, 2008

Bushy 10K

Sunday saw our Running Club hosting the Bushy 10K and I was marshalling. I enjoyed seeing the race from the other side but couldn't help feeling a little sad that I wasn't fit enough to compete. I soon got over my gloom and was actually quite pleased when I saw some of the runners suffering in the heat!

It was great meeting up with my running chums and they were very encouraging urging me to come back to the club - but I know it is too soon at the moment. When I can jog at least 5 miles I will go back and at the moment it is a struggle to do more than 2.

I went out after work today on my own determined to get my fitness back again. I am going to take it nice and steady and not go too mad so for the next couple of weeks I'm going to do a couple of short runs with a longer one at the weekend - well, that's the plan.

It was a bit muggy today - or was it just me being unfit! No one else seemed to find it warm but I was very red-faced at the end. I just did my little 2.3 loop and averaged 10 min miling - not bad but not great either. I am interested to see how quickly I can improve.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Sorry you aren't back to where you want to be yet, but take it slow and you will be soon enough.

Love the new colors on your blog site! :)

Unknown said...

Hey ! Good to see you back and great that you are running again !! Good luck with everything - I hope you stay fit and well and get back to really enjoying it !! Sarah x

Doris said...

Well Hello! Glad you're back :o)

Be patient getting back into things, my experience is you'll come back sooner and enjoy it more... baby steps!