This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Saturday, February 16, 2008

On Monday I was in agony - it hurt to walk so running was out of the question. Gradually throughout the week the pain subsided to a dull ache and on Friday I went to the doctors.

How little I know the anatomy of the body - what I thought were the hips are actually the pelvis!

So, it isn't my right hip that is sore but my right pelvis. The doc examined me and said that there didn't seem to be any bony injury and thought it was musculature. That's good news, I think? Remedy - take Ibuprofen and rub in Ibuprofen gel, and ice the area. On Friday I had also arranged to see the physio. She gave me a really good massage, getting really deep and, yes, it was painful but in a delightful sort of way!

I'm up early this morning, I've had my porridge and writing this waiting for the food to digest. I'm then out for my first run since Sunday. I'm really hoping I will be okay. I don't mind having missed this week but I really can't afford to take more time off - only 8 weeks to go until the Big Day!

No comments: