This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

After 30 minutes of running I decided to call it a day and make my way home. The pain wasn't unbearable but I certainly felt uncomfortable. It is only when my heel strikes the ground that I feel pain and if I could run all the way round on the tip toes that would be great!

I decided to go to the gym and do a bit of training there. I worked out on the rowing machine and the cross trainer without feeling any pain which was great. I'm very worried about my lack of running but as long as I try and stay fit a week or two without running won't hurt my training too much, I hope.

The good news is that today, Sunday, I am not feeling too bad. My side definitely doesn't hurt as much and I can even walk without feeling any pain. I'm icing it 2-3 times a day and using Ibuprofen gel so hopefully I am on the mend.

I've booked into Fitness Yoga on Monday - a strength class with yoga moves - not really sure what it's all about but will give it a go. I think I need to get more stretching into my training and if I think I'm up to it I'm hoping to go to the running club on Tuesday.

3 comments:

Doris said...

Hi Sue, keep confident with your ability - I had a calf strain in late August and kept things turning over for a couple of weeks just using the x-trainer and bike... I was really surprised when I got back to running again - didn't feel that I'd lost anything really.... hope the injury continues to make progress!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are pain-free soon. I know how frustrating that can be. Hopefully your new class will be a positive addition to your training.
Keep icing!

Unknown said...

Oh I am really sorry to read this.You must be feeling awful.Chin up though.You can do this - keep going with the cross training. Thinking of you. Sarah