This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Yet another week has gone by - only 76 days to go.... Crikes, not that long to go at all! Did my usual two club runs and another long run yesterday, Saturday. My schedule called for 13 miles. I ran the first segment in a group but myself and Rhona went (mistakenly) a different way and ran an 8 mile route. I then carried on and ran the remainder - I shall have to get this sorted out so that I run the first segment on my own and then have some company for the second half!

I've been feeling quite weary this week and the enormity of running 26.2 miles is really hitting me - or, not so much the actual distance but all the training that's involved in the lead up to it. I got news this week of the itinerary for the Training Day in London - there will be plenty of advice on offer from the Course and Finish Directors about what to expect on the course; David Bedford giving unique tips and Liz Yelling offering invaluable training advice, and, of course, Flora London Marathon official souvenir sales! I should come away with plenty of advice and knowledge to see me through the next few weeks of training.

No comments: