This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday already! Time is flying by - and each day brings me closer to the London Marathon. But, before that, I've got to get through the Stamford 30K and Bedford 20 (miles). My number arrived today for the latter and I had a quick look at the course - at least it doesn't seem as scary as the Stamford 30K! I'm just hoping this wind has blown itself away soon.

Tuesday saw me running on my own after work - I had my music with me which was great as a distraction for a short while but I really didn't like it that I couldn't hear myself breathing and I just couldn't gauge how hard I was running. Sounds daft? I know but I guess it suits some people and I'm not one of them.

After gale force winds this morning I was relieved that the weather had calmed down a little for tonight's run. It wasn't going to be very long so I decided to try and push it round and use it as a bit of a speed session. It was great at the start especially as we had the wind behind us but as soon as we turned the corner we got the full force of the wind coming straight at us! I'm sure it was good training but something I could do without.

My thoughts this week have turned to what I am eating - lots of pasta, baked potatoes and then more pasta! Yep, loads of carbs.... I'm not a vegetarian but tend to not eat a lot of meat. I've looked to see what else has a lot of protein apart from meat and read that lentils are rich in protein. Now, I'm not a great lentil lover but I have found this recipe: Beluga Lentil and Feta Cheese Salad. Sainsburys didn't sell these lentils so I searched high and low for Beluga lentils - in all the health food shops likely to sell them with no luck. I then checked back to the internet where I got the recipe and was on the point of ordering them from there when I saw in small print at the end that Tesco's stocked them. I haven't got them yet, will get them tomorrow and have the salad over the weekend. I think it looks lovely but will let you know what it tastes like.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks delicious, Sue ! I hope you find the lentils.How did the Training Day go ? Well, I hope ? You are doing so well with your running - I am sure you will do brilliantly on the Big Day !! It does strike you sometimes, though, how enormous this distance is, doesn't it ? We will be soooo proud of ourselves in 10 week's time. And so knackered !! Keep up the good work, girl. Sarah x