This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Saturday, December 01, 2007

I went up to the Club on Tuesday and had a good run. I was a bit worried about the nagging ache in my groin and a twinge in my Achilles but it was ok. No pains and a good steady 6 mile run was had. I really don’t understand what is going on with my groin but I don’t think it can be anything serious. I wonder whether I’m just thinking about it too much – you know what us runners are like being very aware of any twinge, ache or pain!

Thursday night was a different story - my legs felt heavy and tired but I think it was the thought of hill work that was making me feel that way! We ran over to where we train for the hill work which is about a mile and then I did 3 repeats and ran back. In all it was just around the 5 mile mark. I had read in Runners World just that day how good hills are to make a marked improvement in running times. I shall have to put that into practice more determinedly next time.

Some bad news came this week – I was turned down for the London Marathon! Not altogether surprised I let our Club secretary know as our Club gets a couple of entries each year. All names of those who entered and were refused get put into a hat – so I do have a second chance. I wasn’t aware of how many others had entered but she told me that at least 8 others had. So…. I’ll have to wait and see.

The Grim Challenge this weekend is off! My two other team mates have pulled out and to be honest I was not looking forward to the travelling – it is over two hours away and with a 10 o’clock start that would have meant leaving very early. The weather forecast is not good either so maybe it is a wise decision. There is a local 10 mile race which I can enter on the day so I intend to do that instead.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry you didn't get in in the ballot. Good luck with your club draw. S

Anonymous said...

Bummer that you didn't get in to London. Maybe you'll get lucky and get your name drawn.

I hope your aches and pains are temporary. Keep listening to your body.

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed that I don't get to read about the Grim Challenge. But, I understand. Maybe next year. :)