This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Monday, November 26, 2007

Catch-up

Tuesday night I ran at the club with a couple of the other runners. It was quite a cold night but we soon warmed up. I went out without my watch but someone else had their Garmin on and said we had run 5.5 miles. We had taken it steady, in truth my legs were still a bit tired from Sunday.

Thursday I had the pleasure of my husband running with me. He doesn't run very often now because of poorly knees due to too much running - he misses it but gets his exercise at the gym and on his bike. He tried to encourage me but I could have belted him one when he was pushing me to go the long way round - usually I'm up for this but didn't he know I had just ran a half marathon!

Over the weekend we had my sister & brother in-law plus nephews visiting and it took all my willpower to get up early on Saturday to go for my long run. I could so easily have not gone.... but I did it! It really was very, very cold but looked beautiful with a layer of frost coating everything in sight.

My schedule said 14 miles but I knew there was no way that I was going to go that far but I did manage 11.5 at a steady pace. I thought about the Marathon and the effort it was going to take to keep going for 26 miles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for running when you had company. It is easy to blow it off, but not you! :)

I can't wait to hear about this Grim Challenge. Should be quite the adventure. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are running strong even though it is cold