This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Friday, December 07, 2007

After listening to the weather warnings on Saturday I was in two minds whether to run the 10 miler on Sunday. Well, that's fatal giving myself doubts - as soon as I start double thinking about running I choose to opt out and that's exactly what I did on Sunday. I felt a bit guilty later on in the day but I have to think positive and decide that the rest will have done me good. After looking back over my log, that was the first weekend since August that I hadn't been on a run!!!

I went along to the club on Tuesday and after having missed the weekend run, I chose to go with a small group who opted to do a longer run than the main group. In total we ran just under 7 miles, although I would like to have gone on a bit further but we have a club policy where no-one goes off on their own, especially in Winter.

I handed in my reject letter for the London Marathon to the club and will just have to wait and see whether I get a club place.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer on the marathon. Hope you get a spot.

Nice job on the run

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about that double thinking. It can really take over your best intentions, can't it?

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)

Lesley Looper said...

Stumbled upon your blog after doing a "half marathon" search on Google. Good luck on getting a spot for the London.