This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Monday, December 17, 2007

Hello! Yes, I’m still here - It’s that time of year when there is so much to do that it seems impossible to find the time to run. I’ve managed to get to the Club on Tuesdays and also to get a weekend run in but that’s about it. Neither runs have been that long and on Saturday it was absolutely freezing – it looked beautiful though with a white glaze covering the fields.

On Saturday evening we had our Running Club Christmas Do. It was a good evening and a big turnout with over 60 of us attending (with partners). Presentations were made and I came away with the trophy for Ladies Club Champion (shared with Ann). To get this award, you have to run in qualifying 10K, 10 mile and ½ marathon races over the year. The timings are then worked out in an age-related chart and the one with the highest awards is the winner!

I’ve come to a decision over the London Marathon and have withdrawn my name from the Club draw. I really think I could do with another year of continuous running to get a good grounding to work from. I’m sure I could get round the course this April but as it is probably the only marathon I will ever run, I want to try and make sure that I run it as best I can.
I'm looking forward to 2008 and getting in some good training runs. The foundations have already been laid and it's now up to me to make the most of them.



No comments: