This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Thursday, November 15, 2007

It was so cold tonight, the coldest it has been so far. The bits of me that were covered felt fine, but my hands were still cold after 3 miles. They warmed up a bit after that so I think I'll leave off the gloves for the time being. I'm sure there will be much colder evenings to look forward to!

Getting ready for the run, I went through my drawer of old running clothes and came across a pair of running bottoms I hadn't worn for ages and ages. They're a bit garish but very comfortable. I teamed them up with a lime green long-sleeved running top and a flourescent bib. Just about ready to leave the house my 16 year old son asked me if I "was really going to leave the house dressed like that?" How torturous it is being 16, worrying about what everyone else thinks!

It was supposed to be efforts, but my legs were still feeling a bit heavy and with the half marathon on Sunday, I decided to just take it steady.

Distance: 5.25
Time: 50:19
Avg: 9.34

No comments: