This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Tuesday club run

My legs felt ok at the start of last night's club run but by the time we were on our last mile back home, they were beginning to feel a bit heavy. My running buddies didn't seem to be suffering so I guess it's all down to age, and the older you get the longer you need to recover from a race!

I was trying to guess at what pace we were running as I have a big plan for Sunday's half marathon...... I'm not racing round but using it as part of my training schedule for the London Marathon (I know, I haven't got a confirmed place yet, but I feel the need to start training anyway). This weekend on my schedule Iam down to run 12 miles and when my friend couldn't run the Half Marathon and offered me her place, I thought it would be a good incentive to run the distance.

I am a terror for starting off too fast in a race and then slowing down considerably towards the end. I lack confidence that if I start off a bit slower then I will be able to maintain that steady pace all the way round - I still think I would slow down thus losing the minutes I would have gained had I gone faster - LOL. Does any of this make sense???

Well, my plan is to run 9 minute or 9.30 minute miling for the first mile and for each successive mile..... I will see how my legs are on the day before deciding which speed to go for. I'm not after a PB because I want to be able to carry on with my training the following week rather than have the following days as recovery runs. Well, we shall see.....

Distance: 5.76
Time: 54:13
Avg: 9:24

No comments: