This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Tuesday evening

I woke up this morning with a really stiff neck! I'd obviously slept in an awkward position and it really hurt and ached all day long. I wasn't sure how it would be when I was running but I needn't have worried. It ached a little but not enough to interfere with the run.

I'm really not enjoying these dark evenings -it's so hard to see where you're going. We try to stick to well-lit paths but sometimes it's not possible. We also had to run past a few gangs of youths who passed a comment or two but nothing too serious although I certainly wouldn't have wanted to have been on my own!

It was a good run, my legs felt strong and it felt like a good pace. I'm still wearing T-shirt and shorts and found the temperature just perfect.

Distance: 5.7
Time: 53:24
Avg pace: 9.23

2 comments:

Mark said...

There is a runner where i used to live that carried a stick with him. He said it was for dogs and gangs and had to use it for both at various times.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the dark evenings! It's getting dark so early and it's dark in the mornings too. :(

Sometimes I carry pepper spray with me, but I've never had to use it. (That's made me lazy and I tend to leave it at home most of the time now - probably not good.) I think a running buddy is the best defense you can have sometimes.