This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Race report - Frostbite League

Sunday saw the first race of the Frostbite League. As for the weather, it was good. Cool but not cold, I'm sure there will be much worse to come!

I travelled there in a car with 4 other ladies, I was supposed to be the navigator. Haha, that's a joke, me?! As is to be expected, I got us lost! We'd left enough time and found our way there by asking a kindly gent although I must say in my defence, the venue was not sign posted at all.

On to the run..... I knew it would be a hard run as the course was on grass and through some woods so I would just see how I felt on the day. I set off pretty quick and managed to hold on there for all the way round repeating to myself, It's only 5 miles...it's only 4 miles, etc, down to the last mile.

I was pleased with my time and as a team, we did very well. We came 6/15. I'm looking forward to the next Frostbite in November - our club is hosting the event and, all being well, the course should be a bit faster.

Time: 42:18
Distance: 5 miles
Avg pace: 8:26

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done !! Good Luck this weekend!! I hope it goes well. S

Anonymous said...

Great time! Way to go for it!

Good luck this weekend! Can't wait to hear how it goes.