This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Friday, October 12, 2007

Tapering...

This Tuesday and Thursday saw me trying to take it easy.... it's hard, holding back and I'm not so sure I did a good job of it on Tuesday! Last night, I deliberately held back from my usual group of runners and joined a slightly slower group. I'm not so sure I felt any better for it though!

Afterwards, all talk was of the half marathon on Sunday....what times everyone was hoping to do....talk of not being as fit as they would have liked etc. I kept quiet. I would like to do the same time as last year, just under two hours. A few weeks ago I wasn't so sure I would be able to but just lately, with a few good runs under my belt, I'm feeling optimistic. Watch this space...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job holding back. It's hard, isn't it?

I'm sure you are ready to match last year's time. You've been running well. Who knows, maybe you'll even beat it! Good luck! Can you believe it's almost here?

Unknown said...

I hope it went well today ! It was quite warm and sunny here. Hope it wasn't too hot near you.Look forward to reading yourblog! S