This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Gave Tuesday night a miss but went along to the club on Thursday. By then, my legs weren't quite so heavy and I felt ready for a run. It was quite a cold night but I soon warmed up once we got going. It was enjoyable and most of the run was spent discussing Sunday's half marathon and how well all the club runners did.

Saturday morning just saw myself and Marianne able to make it. We didn't meet until 9.45 and it was such a pleasure to have a lie-in. It was a bright sunny morning but very cool in the shade, absolutely perfect for a run. We ran my favourite run, down by the river and across the meadow. It is so beautiful and peaceful and I am so fortunate to have such a lovely run right on my doorstep.


Once we had run the circuit (4.3 miles) Marianne headed off home and I ran the lap again. During the week my Zen Creative Stone arrived so armed with downloaded songs I had it to keep my company. I had also downloaded a podcast of motivational spinning/running music and I put this on for the last mile. It is recorded at 171 bpm and I certainly felt myself speeding up to keep in tune with it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have recovered nicely from your half. (I didn't manage to run until Thurs. either!) Great picture. I do love the colors this time of year.

I've never heard of the Zen - looks pretty cool! Enjoy the tunes!

Mary Gee said...

Your run sounds beautiful!