This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Monday, September 17, 2007

Well, that's another long run done!

With just 26 days to go until the Half Marathon I was starting to panic. I wasn't at all sure I would be able to run 13 miles but I now feel confident that I can do it - just not at all sure in what time.

It wasn't a fast run but it was two hours on my feet. Next Saturday I intend to do another long run, probably about 11 miles or so.

Two hours - when I stop and think about it, I find it incredible. The fact that I can run for two hours is just amazing. It's good sometimes to take stock and actually realise what an achievement it is. Well, I think so, anyway.

3 comments:

Mark said...

Outstanding!

For those of us who are "armchair marathoners" the idea of two hours running is amazing. Keep it up, I know you will do well!

Thomas said...

It shows what you can achieve if only you put your mind to it.

Anonymous said...

Two hours of running is really amazing! You are definitely going to be ready for the 1/2. Take care and run strong!