This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Friday, September 14, 2007

After Tuesday evening's run I thought I had cracked it. My running was coming together and I felt like I was running with effort. Huh, no way!

This evening I went out with Laura at 4.30 to run 5 miles. I didn't have any idea what was in store for me - I thought my legs had recovered from Tuesday night's run, they certainly hadn't felt like they were aching during the day.

But oh my goodness. They felt like lead and it was a struggle all the way round. The weather didn't help with it being very warm and muggy. I think that is the key - I definitely run a whole lot better in the cooler weather. That's good news then with Winter just around the corner. Remind me of this when I moan about how cold it is ......

Distance: 5.15
Time: 51:56
Pace: 10.05

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That "legs like lead " feeling is horrible isn't it ?! The weather is supposed to be getting worse from now onwards so hopefully running will be better too! S