This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tuesday evening

Had a marvellous run this evening!

Jogged round to Laura's and we then jogged up to the club. After a bit of hanging around there waiting for everyone to turn up, we set off. The plan was to run 8 miles. The jog up to the club had warmed me up and I set off feeling really comfortable. I stuck at that pace, dropping back every now and again to keep a small group together but eventually ending up with just Suzanne, myself and Dave.

The cooler evening temperature suits me just perfect. As well, I was off work today so managed to have a bowl of pasta 2-3 hours before the run which must have given me the energy I needed. I felt in good form - at last. It's been a long time since I have been out running and felt so good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect ingredients for an awesome run! Glad you had a good one.