This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Monday evening

I ran a long run on Saturday morning and I have the 5K race on Wednesday, so with that in mind I decided not to go to the club on Tuesday night. Instead, Sheila and I arranged to go out on Monday whilst my son was having his guitar lesson with her husband, Mike.

We set off at a good pace and managed to keep it going most of the way. It was a very humid evening and rain was never far off - in fact, just after we had finished it poured down!

I'm rather wary of Wednesday's 5K after what happened to me at the last one! I'm going to just see how it goes on the night but I'm definitely going to be better prepared for it. I have pasta for lunch and will have a banana sandwich about an hour before the start, which is 7.30. The weather is so unpredictable at the moment, one minute torrential downpours followed by sun, which is amazingly warm. We even had hailstones yesterday! Whilst I'm not wishing for a repeat of the hailstones, I certainly hope the sun isn't out in it's full glory.

Pace: 9:34

Time: 53 minutes
Distance: 5.5 miles

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your race! I hope for decent weather for you.

I noticed you have tons of July races scheduled. I'm impressed! Enjoy your runs.

Sue said...

Hi Annette, although there are lots of races lsted, I don't intend doing them all - they are just races the club has lined up.