This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Thursday, July 05, 2007

5K Series - Race 2 - Eye


Map of 5K Series Race 2 Eye




As you can see from the smiles, the race went well and without incident!

We were lucky with the weather again, rain before the race and just after but not during it. Not that I would have minded, but good news for the marshalls and spectators!

It was a good course, 2 1/2 K out and then turning back on itself, which could have been dispiriting seeing all the front runners on their way back when you are still running out, but in fact it was great to see and cheer on our fellow club runners - lots of encouragement could be heard!

My time was only a few seconds slower than Race 1 and considering the route which had a few more hills in it and there it was quite windy, I'm pleased with that and the very best thing, I was ok at the end, no legs seizing up etc. I had prepared a lot better for this run, pasta at lunch and a banana sandwich an hour or so before the run but I think the biggest factor was that it wasn't too hot.

Time: 26:26

Distance: 5K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Great time on your race! Glad the weather held for you.

Mary Gee said...

Congrats.