This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Been a bit slack this week, not only in my running but in writing up my blog.

I went to the club on Tuesday night but there weren't many people there - I think several of them had volunteered to marshal the Race of Life run that was on that evening. However, Laura turned up so I had a running buddy and we stuck together. It was a cool evening, slightly drizzly and we had a good run, about 5 miles.

My legs had still been feeling a bit grumpy around the groin from last Wednesday's 5K so I thought I would give myself a complete rest from exercise and skip Thursdays run.

I met up on Saturday morning with Sheila, Laura and Rhona and the intention was to run for about 1 1/2 hours. The weather forecast for this weekend was terrible, very bad thunderstorms and torrential rain but it managed to hold off for our run. We ran for an hour and Rhona decided that was enough for her. We carried on, intending to run another 3 miles or so, but actually ended up running for another 45 minutes - so I guess we probably ran about 10-11 miles in total.

I certainly felt tired towards the end of the run but definitely a sense of achievement as well.

Time: 1:45
Distance: 10+

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the line, "my legs had still been feeling a bit grumpy." Great way to phrase it. :) I do hope the grumpiness is gone for good!

Nice mileage/time! You rock!

Mary Gee said...

10+ in 1:45. Sounds good.