This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Monday, June 25, 2007

Yaxley 7

I had been out for a couple of slow jogs since Wednesday to "test" my legs and they felt a bit tired and aching but nothing much more than that so I decided to go ahead with the run on Sunday. I was determined to take it easy though and not get too carried away.

The weather wasn't looking good, very bad thunderstorms and heavy driving rain! By the time our race started however, the heavy rain had moved on and we were only left with a very slight drizzle. Our jogging club had a good turnout, about 10 of us had turned up. I set off from the starting line and lost sight of Laura, managed to see her and then stuck together for the rest of the run as we had a good comfortable pace going. There was a lovely spirit about the run, lots of support on the streets and terrific marshalling.

The route started off with a hill! That sorted a few of us out and spread the field, there was a lap and then the hill again towards the end. I think between miles 4 to 5, was a bit hard going, it seemed to take forever to see the Mile 5 marker.

I wore my Garmin and have managed to work out how to download the run. If interested, you can click on the map and see more information about the run.


Map of Yaxley 7 Road Race 20 Jun 07

Distance: 7 miles
Time: 65:33

2 comments:

Mary Gee said...

Do you have the deluxe version of Motion Based? That looks very cool.

Anonymous said...

That's darn good time for having tired legs! Your running is going great! :)