This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Saturday morning long run

Super run on Saturday morning. I woke up to a nice sunny morning and filled the biggest water bottle I owned as we intended to do a long run, around about the 2 hour mark.

We all met up at the car park, there were 8 of us in total, all of differing abilities, but we all started off together. Around the hour mark, 3 started to make their way back home which left 5. Not long after that, another one veered off home.

That left the 4 of us, Sheila, Mandy, Laura and Me. We were going well keeping the pace nice and steady. It was a bit warm but not too scorching and I was managing well with my water, taking sips every now and again.

We were on our way back and Laura went the quick way home, just cutting it short by a couple of minutes and the three of us carried on to the car park. I felt good, in fact I felt I could have probably carried on for a bit longer - that's a great way to finish a long run.

You can see, if you click on the map and then click on Analyser you that our mile splits weren't very fast, but that wasn't the plan for today, we wanted a long run that was enjoyable - and it certainly was!


Map of Group run Castor, train track
Avg Pace: 10.45
Distance: 11.3 miles
Time: 2:01.40

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2 hours! That's impressive! That's nice that you had company on the long run. It gets a little monotonous when you're alone.