This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Thursday Evening

In typical great British weather, it absolutely poured on Thursday night's run. What a change from Tuesday with the sun full out! I must say, I much preferred Thursday's run - I just can't take the heat.

I decided to take it much easier on Thursday. After seeing that I ran 9.10 pace on Tuesday, I realised why it seemed such a hard run! That's very close to my race pace!

I turned my Garmin on while we were huddled outside waiting to start but it took ages to track the satellites. By the time they were found, everyone had started. I had to put in a bit of an effort to catch my little group up but eventually did so about 1/2 mile down the road but I took it easy from then on.

I think maybe it took so long to track the satellites because I was stood sheltering under a building rather than being in the open? Bit silly really sheltering as I was soon out in the open getting very wet!

Time: 58:30
Distance: 5.96
Pace: 9:49

2 comments:

Mary Gee said...

I know my garmin won't work indoors - I tried it! The instructions tell you to be outdoors and even out from under trees.

Sue said...

Thanx Mary. Shall bear that in mind next time!