This Blog started out as a record of my efforts to compete in the Gt Eastern Half Marathon 2006. Since then I entered but had to withdraw from Flora London Marathon 2008 due to injury. After having to take months off to recover I am now ready and willing to become a runner again!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sunday morning

Ran on Sunday with Laura and Rhona. Rhona is just getting back into it and Laura had a busy day ahead, so we planned to take it easy and run for about an hour. The weather was good and it was a very enjoyable run.

I’ve been having a play with my Garmin and can work out a few extra things on it. I’ve splashed out and upgraded my membership to Motionbased which means I can analyse my runs more thoroughly – in reality it means I can have a bit more fun with the stats. I am now able to see how fast (or slow) I ran each mile – particularly useful when it comes to races.

I’m getting a bit worried about Wednesday’s 5K race. It’s the first in a series of 5 and I’ve managed to convince Laura and Sheila to run them as well. We know it will be a good speed training session and that’s the reason we are doing them, but I’ve got an awful feeling I shall be left standing on the starting line. These 5K races draw in the very fast runners who take it incredibly seriously but hey, what the heck, I’ve as much right as them to be there. Let’s hope they don’t start packing up before I’ve even made it back!

No comments: